Tuesday, March 6, 2012

For the Boys!

My youngest guy is still in a crib and probably will be for a little while longer.  However, surprise, surprise, I have already started thinking about his "big boy room." There seems to be an endless amount of girl bedding, curtains, rugs, and accessories. But, I have really struggled with finding things for my boys' rooms.  I don't want a theme for his room and so many of the sheets for little boys are Spiderman or Dr. Seuss, etc.  Plus, while the Pottery Barn and Land of Nod items are really cute, I'm kind of over them.  So, here is what I've found while searching for the perfect "big boy room" for my little man. I'm thinking orange, navy and white....I've taken ideas from the rooms below to create an ideal space for him.


I included this room because the beadboard below is similar to the bottom half of his current walls (the upper half is a dark navy.)  I also like the simplicity of this room and, of course, the colors!
Pinned Image
House Beautiful
I really like the solid navy, chamois duvet. How cool are those lights on the side of the bookshelf and the french doors?!  What a lucky dude!
 Pinned Image
http://www.decorpad.com/

This is what the layout will most likely be in his room because it's on the smaller side. I'm pretty sure his "big boy bed" will be a white bunk bed like this one.
Pinned Image
unknown source

I love the rug and the painting in this room!
Pinned Image
http://www.pradaanswer.tumbler.com/

I really like the upholstered headboard shown in the picture. I'm just not sure how it would work with bunk beds....Love the trunk at the end of the bed.
Pinned Image
http://www.emilyaclark.blogspot.com/
It would look something like this...What do you think? 
(the navy/white fabric is for the curtains.)
finn bedroom

rug-Jill Rosenwad
bed-Target
orange pillows-2modern
whale pillow-2modern
trunk-Sears
blue comforter-Land of Nod
map picture-Land of Nod
lamps-Crate & Barrel
throw-Jonathan Adler
orange clock-Crate & Barrel
curtain fabric-fabric.com
orange bin-Crate & Barrel
chair-West Elm
dresser-Home Decorators Collection

1 comment: